A fire broke out at a branch of Canara Bank in Lucknow’s Hazratganj on Monday evening. According to officials, all employees in the building were rescued safely as fire brigades quickly arrived at the spot.
In one video, employees of the bank can be seen escaping the office through the window and walking along the ledge of the building, awaiting rescue by fire fighting officials.
A fire official said that the fire had been extinguished and everyone had been rescued. He said that an electrical short circuit may have caused the fire which broke out on the 1st floor.
A bank employee who escaped the building through the window said that he saw the air conditioner catch on fire. “There were around 40 people inside. We broke the windows, walked on the building’s ledge and were rescued by fire fighters,” he told.