The Government of Uttar Pradesh will upgrade about 4000 council schools in the upcoming three years. The state government has set aside a budget of Rs 1000 crores with the aim to develop one council school in each development block into an Abhyudaya Composite School.
A total of almost 700 schools will be upgraded in the first phase, according to the official information provided by the UP government. Each school will have a capacity of 450 students. A total of 880 primary and upper primary schools of UP’s Basic Education Department will be developed as part of the Mukhyamantri Abhyudaya Composite Schools, with each development block costing a total of Rs 1000 crores.
In the first phase, 704 council schools will be refurbished. The cost to update the amenities at each composite school will be approximately Rs 1.42 crore. In the recently released budget for 2023–2024, the Yogi Adityanath–led UP government allocated Rs 2000 crores for high-quality education and skill development.
Amenities in Abhyudaya Composite School
As per an official update by the UP government, the Mukhyamantri Abhyudaya Composite Schools will have the following amenities:
1. There will be five rooms in the Abhyudaya Block, including a dedicated library with plenty of kid-friendly furniture for reading books together, a computer lab with a language lab, a modular composite laboratory for learning about robotics and science, smart classrooms with interactive display boards and virtual connectivity for digital learning, and a staff room with restroom facilities.
2. Vatika Bal
3. Nutrition garden
4. WiFi and online CCTV monitoring
5. Modular desks and child-friendly furniture
6. Sweeping crews and security guards
7. A multipurpose room featuring a gym and a playground
8. A rainwater collection system and solar panels
9. Mid-day meal kitchen and dining hall, RO and UV water plant, washing area, and handwashing units which are arranged in multiple integrated spaces
10. Modern apparatus for fire safety