RBI said 93% of Rs.2000 notes returned to banks

- Advertisement -

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday said that around 93 per cent, or Rs 3.32 lakh crore worth Rs 2,000 currency notes in circulation have returned to the bankings.

The RBI further informed that now only Rs 0.24 lakh crore of such notes are left with public.

The central bank said that around 87 per cent of the total notes received were in the form of deposits, while the remaining 13 per cent were exchanged with lower denomination bills.

The central bank urged the public to utilise the remaining time period to exchange or deposit Rs 2,000 notes.

- Advertisement -

The RBI in a notice issued on May 19 announced the withdrawal of Rs 2,000 currency notes from circulation. It said, “In view of the above, and in pursuance of the ‘Clean Note Policy’ of the Reserve Bank of India, it has been decided to withdraw the Rs 2,000 denomination banknotes from circulation.”

- Advertisement -

Share this article...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More News...

Latest

Download Budget 2024-25 PDF, Budget important points and Highlights PDF

Download Budget 2024-25 PDF, Budget important points and Highlights PDF

Govt launches internship scheme for youth, Rs.5000 will be given monthly to Youth

Govt launches internship scheme for youth, Rs.5000 will be given monthly to Youth

Good news for Employees! Govt announced to review NPS and make changes in pension scheme

Good news for Employees! Govt announced to review NPS and make changes in pension scheme

Budget 2024: PSU banks will develop in-house capabilities for credit assessment of MSMEs

PSU banks will develop in-house capabilities for credit assessment of MSMEs

Budget 2024: Mudra Loan Limit increased to Rs.20 Lakh

Budget 2024: Mudra Loan Limit increased to Rs.20 Lakh

Income Tax Rate changed, Check new Income Tax Slab in 2024

Income Tax Rate changes, Check new Income Tax Slab

Rs.25 crore Fraud in SBI: CBI Books Private Firm and Directors for Cheating SBI of Rs 25.62 Crore

Rs.25 crore Fraud in SBI: CBI Books Private Firm and Directors for Cheating SBI of Rs 25.62 Crore

Latest News