A head-on collision between a car and an SUV in Bharatpur, India, on Saturday afternoon left three people dead and four injured. The collision occurred at around 3:30 p.m. on the Bharatpur-Biyaana State Mega Highway near the village of Kemasi.
According to police, a tire on the SUV blew out, causing the vehicle to lose control and collide with the car. Both vehicles then crashed into a tree on the side of the road.
The three people killed in the crash were identified as:
- Sumitabh Mishra, 35, of Gandhinagar, Bharatpur
- Dolly Mishra, 33, of Gandhinagar, Bharatpur
- Dinesh Rajput, 34, of Dhig, Bharatpur
The four people injured in the crash were:
- Kalu Ram, 45, of Bamnowas, Sawai Madhopur
- Mukesh Meena, 40, of Bamnowas, Sawai Madhopur
- Lakhan Meena, 10, of Bamnowas, Sawai Madhopur
- Bharat, 30, of Bamnowas, Sawai Madhopur
Sumitabh Mishra was a bank officer with Bank of Baroda in Jaipur. His wife, Dolly, and Dinesh Rajput were both teachers at a high school in Jatwada, Rajasthan. Sumitabh and Dolly got married on September 30, 2017. They have a 5-year-old son named Shivansh.
Kalu Ram was driving the SUV. Mukesh Meena was driving the car, and his son, Lakhan, was his passenger. Bharat was a relative of Kalu Ram.
All four injured people were taken to a hospital in Bharatpur. Kalu Ram and Bharat were in serious condition and were transferred to the intensive care unit. Mukesh Meena and Lakhan Meena were also being treated for their injuries.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
- Sumitabh Mishra and Dolly Mishra were married on September 30, 2017. They had a 5-year-old son named Shivansh.
- The collision was so severe that the car was completely crushed.
- The SUV was also badly damaged.
- The four injured people were taken to the Bharatpur District Hospital. Kalu Ram and Bharat were later transferred to the intensive care unit at the RBM Hospital in Bharatpur.
- The police are investigating the cause of the crash. They are looking into the possibility that the tire on the SUV blew out due to a defect.