Actor and filmmaker Satish Kaushik passed away at the age of 66 on Wednesday. The news of his death was confirmed by actor Anupam Kher, also his close friend.
Kher wrote, “I know “death is the ultimate truth of this world!” But I never thought in my dreams that I would write this thing about my best friend #SatishKaushik while alive.
Such a sudden full stop on a friendship of 45 years!! Life will NEVER be the same without you SATISH! Om Shanti!”
Satish Kaushik was an Indian actor, director, producer, comedian, and screenwriter. The cause of death is not yet known. He was an alumnus of the National School of Drama and Film and Television Institute of India and started his career in theatre.
He went on to work in a number of films in long and storied career such as Mr India, Deewana Mastana, Brick Lane, Saajan Chale Sasural and many others. He has directed films such as Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja, Prem, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain and Tere Naam, among others.
Kangana Ranaut also tweeted about Satish. “Woke up to this horrible news, he was my biggest cheerleader, a very successful actor and director #SatishKaushik ji personally was also a very kind and genuine man, I loved directing him in Emergency. He will be missed, Om Shanti,” she wrote.
Satish was born on 13 April 1956 in Mahendragarh, Haryana. He graduated from Kirori Mal College, Delhi in 1972. He was an alumnus of National School of Drama and Film and Television Institute of India.
- Banks to Hire over 50,000 Junior Officers in Massive Recruitment Drive
- Google to Delete Inactive Accounts Starting December: What You Need to Know
- Assam Government Employees to Ramp Up Protests for Old Pension Scheme Revival
- UPI Transactions Above Rs. 2,000 May Face a 4-Hour Delay to Curb Fraud
- Odisha launches ‘Ama Bank’ to provide banking services in rural areas