On the call of the central organization of rural banks, the employees of Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank and Baroda Rajasthan Regional Rural Bank staged a one-day strike under the leadership of Rajasthan BEFI Executive Chairman Banwari Lal at NABARD office, Jaipur for the national level demands of rural banks.
Rajasthan State BEFI General Secretary G.N.Pareek said that after the state level protest, a memorandum of its eight-point national demands was given to the Finance Secretary, Government of India, through Chief General Manager NABARD Dr. Rajeev Siwach.
Main demands of the strike:
- National Rural Bank of India (NRBI) should be established and rural banks completely freed from the sponsoring bank.
- New recruitment and promotion should be done to provide appropriate manpower. Promotion rules should be amended and new recruitment should be done soon on 30,000 vacant posts in the bank.
- Daily/casual/part time workers should be made permanent.
- Intake rules and leave rules should be amended.
- According to the salary agreement, equality should be given in all allowances and facilities.
- Anomalies in the Pension Scheme 2018 should be removed.
- Computer pay should be implemented at par with the banking industry and compassionate appointment should be implemented from the effective date.
- According to service rules, gratuity should be paid by adding basic salary and dearness allowance.
Rajasthan BEFI Deputy General Secretary Deepak Sharma said that if the Government of India does not give a positive solution to our demands in time, then on the call of our central organization, in the next phase of the movement, there will be a one-day national strike on 23 February and two day strike on 27 and 28 March, 2024.