National Pension Scheme (NPS) new feature: PFRDA will allow systematic withdrawal from this year

- Advertisement -

The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) plans to introduce a new feature in the National Pension Scheme (NPS) during the second half of this year. According to Deepak Mohanty, the chairperson of PFRDA, this new feature will allow systematic withdrawal from the NPS after retirement.

Under the proposal, NPS subscribers will be able to withdraw 60% of their contributions systematically over time instead of a one-time withdrawal. This option will be available until the age of 75, while the remaining 40% will need to be used for annuity payments.

Mr. Mohanty explained that subscribers can determine the withdrawal amount as often as they wish, and they can choose to receive the funds as a lump sum or in regular intervals such as monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually. This feature will apply to individuals between the ages of 60 and 75.

- Advertisement -

The implementation of this new feature is expected to take place in the last quarter of the year, as the necessary software updates need to be made.

Mr. Mohanty also mentioned that the Assets Under Management (AUM) of the NPS and the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) currently amount to ₹9.6 lakh crore and are projected to surpass ₹10 lakh crore by September.

In the current fiscal year, the NPS aims to enroll 13 lakh new subscribers from the non-government sector, which is higher than the 10 lakh new subscribers enrolled in the previous year.

➡️ Join Whatsapp Group
➡️ Read more news
- Advertisement -

Share this article...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More News...

Latest

Gold was so cheap in year 2000, Check Last 25 years Gold Rate

You will be surprised to know the Gold Rate in 2000, Check Last 25 years Gold Rate

Income Tax Department Recovers Rs.40 Crore Cash During Raids on Shoe Traders in Agra

Income Tax Department Recovers Rs. 40 Crore in Cash During Raids on Shoe Traders in Agra

Russian Court Orders Seizure of Deutsche Bank’s Assets, But Why?

Russian Court Orders Seizure of Deutsche Bank's Assets in Lawsuit Over Gas Processing Plant Construction Project

Man in UP received Rs 9,900 Crore in his Bank Account, Bank froze his account

Bank Account Software Glitch Leads to a Shocking Rs 9,900 Crore Balance in Uttar Pradesh Man's Account

Consumer Forum directs SBI to compensate customer for card cloning fraud

Consumer Forum directs SBI to compensate customer for card cloning fraud

Baroda Gramin Bank Officers protest against Regional Manager

Baroda Gramin Bank Officers protest against Regional Manager

PNB Bank Manager’s Wife commits suicide, Family says she was forced for Dowry

PNB Bank Manager's Wife commits suicide, Family says she was forced for Dowry

J&K High Court says Excess Salary paid to employee can’t be recovered after retirement

Jammu and Kashmir High Court Rules Against Recovery of Excess Payments to Retired Employee

Madras High Court: Employees Cannot Be Denied Pensionary Benefits Due To Administrative Delays

Landmark Ruling by Madras High Court: Administrative Delays Cannot Deprive Employees of Pensionary Benefits

Latest News