On the occasion of Vigilance Awareness Week, Union Bank of India Regional Office took out an awareness rally (walkathon) under the leadership of Area Head Rakesh Kumar Mittal and Regional Vigilance Officer Sanjay Kumar Thummar.
Both Deputy Area Heads of Union Bank of India Regional Office Jaspal Singh, Amit Kumar, MLP Head Leela Ram Gurjar, all the staff of the Regional Office, staff members of the city branch were present.
Under Vigilance Awareness Week, from 30th October to 5th November, Union Bank of India Regional Office and all the branches organized various programs like plantation, quiz competition, drawing competition in various schools to create awareness against corruption.
Vigilance Awareness Week (30 Oct – 05 Nov 2023)
Theme : “Say no to corruption; commit to the Nation”
- Bringing transparency and accountability in governance remains one of the primary means to achieve all round development of the country.
- The Central Vigilance Commission, as the apex integrity organization of India, adopts different initiatives to strive towards ensuring integrity in public administration.
- Vigilance Awareness Week is one of the tools of the Commission in increasing public awareness about the perils of corruption.
- Vigilance Awareness Week is observed every year during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31st October) falls in.
- The Commission has decided that this year Vigilance Awareness Week would be observed from 30th October to 5th November, 2023 with the titled theme.