Twitter: In a surprising move, tech entrepreneur Elon Musk has handpicked Linda Yaccarino, a prominent advertising executive, as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Twitter. This announcement comes as Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, takes on a more active role in shaping the future of the social media platform.
Linda Yaccarino, known for her extensive experience in the advertising industry, has held high-level positions at NBCUniversal, where she served as the Chairman of Advertising and Partnerships. Her appointment as the CEO of Twitter demonstrates Musk’s intention to bring fresh perspectives and expertise to the company.
- Elon Musk, the world’s richest man, has picked Linda Yaccarino, an advertisement executive, to be the new CEO of Twitter.
- Yaccarino is the chairman of global advertising and partnerships at NBCUniversal, where she has worked for more than 20 years.
- She is known for her expertise in growing advertising revenue and building relationships with brands.
- Musk has said that he wants to make Twitter a more open and free platform for speech.
- He has also said that he wants to make Twitter more profitable.
- Yaccarino’s appointment is seen as a sign that Musk is serious about making Twitter a more successful company.
Here are some additional details about Linda Yaccarino:
- She is 57 years old.
- She is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
- She is married and has two children.
- She is a member of the board of directors of several companies, including The Walt Disney Company and ViacomCBS.
- She has been recognized for her achievements in business, including being named one of the most powerful women in the world by Fortune magazine.
It remains to be seen how Yaccarino will perform as CEO of Twitter. However, her experience in the advertising industry and her relationship with brands could be valuable assets for the company.