RuPay has introduced a new feature that allows cardholders to make payments without entering their CVV. This new feature is called CVV-less payments and is available for both RuPay credit and debit cards.
To make a CVV-less payment, you will first need to have your card tokenized. Tokenization is a process that replaces your card’s sensitive information, such as your CVV, with a unique token. This token is then stored with the merchant, so that you do not need to enter your CVV again when you make a purchase from that merchant.
To tokenize your card, you will need to go to the merchant’s website or app and enter your card details. Once you have entered your card details, you will be asked to enter a one-time password (OTP). This OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Once you have entered the OTP, your card will be tokenized and you will be able to make CVV-less payments from that merchant in the future.
To make a CVV-less payment, you will need to go to the merchant’s website or app and select the “CVV-less payment” option. You will then be asked to enter your card number and expiry date. Once you have entered your card details, you will be asked to enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number. Once you have entered the OTP, your payment will be processed.
CVV-less payments offer a number of benefits, including:
- Increased convenience: You no longer need to remember your CVV when you make a purchase online.
- Improved security: Your CVV is not stored with the merchant, so it is less likely to be stolen.
- Faster payments: CVV-less payments can be processed more quickly than payments that require your CVV.
If you are a RuPay cardholder, I encourage you to take advantage of this new feature. CVV-less payments offer a number of benefits that can make your online shopping experience more convenient and secure.
Here are some additional details about how CVV-less payments work:
- When you make a CVV-less payment, your card number, expiry date, and CVV are not sent to the merchant. Instead, a unique token is generated and sent to the merchant.
- The token is a one-time use code that is linked to your card. It cannot be used to make any other payments.
- When the merchant receives the token, they verify it with the payment network. If the token is valid, the payment is processed.
- CVV-less payments are just as secure as payments that require your CVV. This is because the token is linked to your card and cannot be used to make any other payments.